Sunshine House has enjoyed a long history in Hong Kong as a vibrant and nurturing chain of educational preschools committed to providing the best care for young children. Founded in 1990 by Karen Ferris Cole, Sunshine House offers a well structured curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for young learners in Nursery, K1, K2 and K3. Sunshine House is an international preschool with a bilingual option. Our focus is to provide a holistic approach to early childhood learning and development.
Built around the philosophy “for the love of children”, Sunshine House gives children the very best start in life, anchored in love.
WE AIM TO:
- Develop a positive attitude toward learning and a proper respect for others through a happy, caring and relaxed environment
- Develop excellence and quality through a broad, stimulating and well balanced curriculum
- Provide opportunities that encourage each child to follow their natural curiosity and interest in the world, as well as develop awareness of different cultures and lifestyles
- To address each child’s intellectual, moral, social, emotional and physical development.
- To offer a range of learning opportunities, helping students acquire skills and competencies across a diverse range of areas.
- To strive for consistency and continuity.
- To foster in students a respect for the rights and needs of others.
- To encourage students to value achievement in all aspects of life and to strive for excellence.
- To promote working with and helping others.
- To encourage children to be receptive to learning.
- To provide a safe, structured and caring environment conducive to working and learning.
- To encourage parental participation in the education process.
By working toward these principles, Sunshine House can successfully bridge the gap between home and primary school. We make every effort to provide a happy, secure environment that focuses on the child’s need for security, love, care, and attention.
Arts and Crafts Health and Personal Development
Putonghua Music (movement) Reading (storytelling) Talking and Listening Drama Environmental Studies Literature Mathematics Physical Education Structured Play Cooking
At Sunshine House, we believe that education is a process – a step by step lifelong progression – and building a proper foundation for this process is our goal.
BILINGUAL AND PUTONGHUA IMMERSION
Taught in a small group environment and with wonderful trained teachers, this is a very special program!
We follow the British National Curriculum which we have enhanced to include specific Asian components in areas such as geography and multicultural awareness, providing relevant and challenging learning to all children.
In addition to the essential learning skills for reading, literacy, numeracy, art and design, English, geography, history, music, physical education, environmental studies and Putonghua, our Starseeds serve as role models and buddies for the younger children in the school. This encourages them to take greater personal and moral responsibilities and gives them the skills that will set them up for life.
Our Starseeds also learn about important human values in life and demonstrate them with their teachers and peers, which in turn builds self confidence, self worth and global awareness.